In yesterday’s post, I noted that I can never remember a joke’s punch line. That got me thinking about lines that perpetually run through my head. Here are just a few. How many of these do you recognize? (answers on page 2.)
- I didn’t get the money, and I didn’t get the woman.
- I’m a stranger here myself.
- I can’t help it if I’m lucky.
- I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
- Is there anything you have forgotten to tell me?
- To be lonely is a habit, like smoking or taking drugs.
- You can lead a horse to water but only very rarely can you drown him and get away with it.