I’ve left my home in California to attend a family reunion in one of the other States of the U.S. Another State and another state! I’m definitely not in California anymore. Now I’m wondering whether the curiosities of this visit are unique, or can be found many places that are not-California. So – does this sound like lots of places you’ve been? Or can you easily identify this new State by the descriptions below? (If so, its features may be unique.)
Here are some local sights that you won’t see in California:
- The nature preserve has a special section for hunters.
- A popular Elvis CD is a collection of Gospel songs.
- There are many lakes and most of them started as sinkholes.
- The terrain varies from totally flat to really flat.
- Outside it is wall-to-wall sky.
- There are amazing thunderclouds more often than not.
- The sign “Condominium Complex” points to a mobile home park.
- None of the public bathrooms provide paper toilet seat covers.
Based on these features, what’s your guess? Where am I?
Sorry: family members are not eligible to participate.
ooh! Me! Pick me!!
To be fair, you would have to guess precisely where I am at this very moment (street or building, not town or State).