This week’s Writing Challenge wants to see a recipe for moi.
Chop finely and mix:
- 1 c introspection
- 1 c imagination (substitute: insight)
- 2 c empathy
- 2 c knee-jerk tendency to rebellion
- 2 c smart-ass remarks
- 1 c curiosity (substitute: nosiness)
Cover with thin alternating layers of :
- Add friends and children.
- Fold in ocean air and vistas of sunrise or sunset.
- Surround with shelter animals.
- Add concerts, novels, walks, movies, art, or hikes.
Season as follows:
- Mix skepticism and irony to taste, then double those proportions.
- Infuse with 1970s punk, midcentury jazz, blues, alt bluegrass, alt rock.
- Steep in book learning, street smarts, and belated learning from experience.
Garnish with wildflowers.
Serve on a bed of uncertainty.
Holds flavor best outside.